POEM: Independent By Adesunwon Babatunde Habideen

 






In the journey of our race, yet a lot of blame aim.

Truly fierce with piercing touch,

Build in the enhance absorber.

The big race of ours, filled with empty but.


Should I blame my father for failure,

Or my race for incompetence.

Or the rulers for their myopic vision.


Left with rage and anger; tumors and pain.

The descendants of glory, I am called.

The future of our race, we're named.

.

But all was just a bluff, facade and empty claim.

Literally we're our tomorrow, yet we're shunned by our race.

Typically we're just a pawn in ocean, still beckons on our glory.


If only I had the gut to speak, then will i spit out my pain.

If I can just fight, then my sword will be smoothen.

But I'm just a boy with no claim to aim.


Time's come for I to set it right,

Driving out my thoughts and playing my part.

Even when all was being claimed behind my breath.

It's time I played my insignificant major part.



Adesunwon HB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outcry As Federal Universities Reject NECO Results For Admission

My throne doesn't affected with Kingship case transfer to Osun - Salu of Edunabon

There's urgent need to rebrand Nigeria Immigration service for structural responsibilities- Sociologist